1. ( FIND A TUBE ) any size you want to cover! I used an old roll of Wrapping paper. Rolled off the paper and used the tube. My tube ended up being 2" round.
2. ( COVER TUBE ) with Cordinating Tissue Paper. I used Red and doubled 2 sheets together for coverage and to show the color well. I found that when I first tried with like 4 it was just too thick and hard to work with. Line up what side you want to be the bottom and leave a little on top for decoaration. I cut a piece big enough to fit around just nice.
3. ( MAKE YOUR BELLY BAND ) I cut these following cardstock papers by at the lengths listed below and all at the same width of 7 1/4"
( NIGHT OF NAVY ) at 6 1/4. " Then put it through the ( CRIMPER 101618 $19.95) For added texture.
( REAL RED ) at 5 and 7/8 of an inch.
( VERY VANILLA ) at 5 and 9/16th of an inch.
( Kraft-CRUMB CAKE ) at 5 3/8 of and inch. This piece was stamped with the firework images from the stamp set ( JULY FOURTH ITEM #120063) with the ( VERSA MARKER ) Ink pad and then embossed with ( CLEAR EMBOSSING POWD.) To add some little sparkles/tiny dots I used the ( COLOR SPRITZER ) with my ( CHOC.CHIP WRITE MARKER ) and my ( SPONGE DAUBERS ) daubed on the center of my fireworks for demention.
4. ( MAKE YOUR DECRATIVE CIRCLE FOR THE BOTTOM.) I used my ( CIRCLES #2 DIE ITEM # 114526 15.95) and cut both a piece of ( CHIP BOARD ) and ( NIGHT OF NAVY) paper with the largest of 4 circles on there. glued together with ( TOMBOW ADHESIVE ) .
When you finish that take a scrap of ( VERY VANILLA ) cardstock long enough to go around the bottom edge (just barely) of the circle for an accent. Punch it out with the ( PINKING HEARTS BORDER PUNCH ITEM #117649 $15.95) NOTE: if you cut little slits on the opposite side of the puched strip of paper it makes it easier to mold and shape around the circle.
5. ( ACCENT YOUR TISSUE PAPER WITH SILVER ) embossing powder, a silver pen any little shiny thing you like. I used an off brand of siver embossing tinsel on mine. And used my ( VERSA MARK PEN ). The lines and polka dots I did were not perfect. I just eyeballed em! NOTE: make sure if you heat emboss something to not burn the tissue paper. So you know it wasn't hard-but...just to make sure! ;)
6. ( FINISHING TOUCHES )
-Wrap bellly band around the tube and use a srong adhesive just at the ends such as ( STICKY STRIP )
-Adhere the tube to the (circular stand bottom piece ) lovey wording eh>? with a STRONG adhesive ( Crystal Effects ) Use sparingly so it does not spread and dirty up your lovey project!
-tie off top with ribbon. I used ( REAL RED 1/4" GROSGRAIN RIBBON PRODUCT #109034 $4.95).
-add your spark! I picked mine up at the local craft store. it's decerative pip cleaner.
7. ( ADD YOUR TAG EMBELISHMENTS !!!)
Of course you could do this however you like...Change up the colors stamps-be creative!! I was just super specific to give you a good starting off point-have fun and make it your own!! Isn't that what we all do?? l.o.l.
Happy craftin! ;) -Angela