Sunday, January 23, 2011

Valentine Fancy Favor

Hey ya'll!
Valentines is coming...



-I happen to love it.
K...there isn't a holiday I DON'T LOVE but this is one of the tops!



So here is just ONE of the fun projects the gals made recently at my CARD CLUB.

I used a new stamp set in the OCCASIONS MINI CATALOG
I love it.
It is so versatile and I loove the vintage feel to it.
CLEARLY FOR YOU
It has sooo many cute stamps.



It's not really even a "VALENTINE" set! :)

I used the FANCY FAVOR die to cut my box.
I love this die and use it quiet a bit.

Here's a trick... :) to save on paper. Typically you would assume you would need to use a
12x12 " piece of paper when
you cut this box because the die itself is around 12" long.
But I found you can get away with using an 8 1/2 by 11"
piece of paper instead if you just cut off part of the flap you tuck inside to secure the box.
In other words... because your paper is smaller...
it doesn't lay over that little part left of the flap. So you can conserve paper that way.
Really nice when you need to make a lot!




The roses inside-they are SOAP PETALS!
and smell so yummy. A Bonus since they matched the beautiful BLUSH BLOSSOM CARD STOCK


SUPPLIES:
CARD STOCK: Cherry Cobbler, Blush Blossom, Naturals Ivory.

Ink: The angel was stamped in Soft Suede and then I added a titch of blush blossom to the image inside.
the sentiment was stamped in the coordinating ink color, Cherry Cobbler.

PUNCHES: Full Heart XL, 1" circle Medium, 3/4 circle Medium.

BIG SHOT: Fancy Favor die, EMBOSSLITS DIES Scalloped Heart of Hearts.

EMBELLISHMENTS: 1/2 " Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Basic Pearls.

HELPFULL HINTS:
When I cut the gold waffle paper I used a " sewing" rotary cutter with a scalloped edge & a ruler.
(Just to finish off the edges of the gold paper.)
I was also able to cut through a bunch at a time that way too!

The handle is red "pipe cleaner".





Well...I hope you all are having a great start to a new year!
Be sure to say hello from time to time:)
And have a wonderful day!!!


TOODLES!! ANGELA!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous--I amour it ;0) Where did you find the soap petal roses?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Great tip for the waffle paper, thanks!
    Love the rose soap petals too, would love to find some!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete